Alive Clinical Professional Biofeedback Software
Alive Clinical Features & Benefits:
- Includes workshops, personal coaching and gaming for the ultimate learning experience.
- An innovative and entertaining way to benefit from biofeedback technology.
- Great for kids, adults, or anyone who loves games.
- Uses galvanic skin response (scl), heart rate and heart rate variability (hrv) measurements to control the game.
- *Software Only: Requires Biofeedback Sensors.*
Alive Clinical Professional Biofeedback Software
A Comprehensive Training Tool adding value, options and increased connection to your clients and for your service.
A transforming addition to your practice: Your patients play games engineered to help them better manage stress, train for peak performance, and achieve better emotional and mental balance.
The Clinical version of Alive allows for unlimited users and includes Advanced Graph Training,Session Review, and many best-in-class clinical features: Unlimited user profiles with reset privileges, orientation bypass (Main Menu unlock), and Skin conductance data (IOM sensor version only).
Alive Clinical Version benefits
- A growing library of clinical training tips and indications written by Yuval Oded of Psy-Phi, including the robust Clinical Version User Guide
- Train with unlimited number of clients per license
- Train using Skin Conductance (SCL/GSR) — IOM sensors only
- Train using detailed Heart Rate, HRV, BVP, and Skin Conductance graphs
- View graphs and add comments on your monitor while a client plays Alive on another monitor
- Per-session analysis of Heart Rate, Smoothness (coherence), and Skin Conductance
- Skip the coach introduction, disable the coach suggestions, change difficulty levels
- Export data to Excel, Kubios HRV, or any statistical analysis software using the raw BVP, SCL, and HR data files saved for every session
Which version of Alive is for me?
- Most professionals and schools – Alive Clinical with IOM sensor
- Focus on gaming and don’t need skin sweat feedback – Alive Clinical with emWave sensor, which does not include skin sweat feedback, but which does allows two hands free to play Half Life 2 with heart rate feedback (included but need to purchase Half Life 2 from steampowered.com) and Tropical Heat with a gamepad (sold separately)
- Already have an IOM or emWave sensor – Buy Alive Clinical for IOM or Alive Clinical for emWave
- Already have both an IOM and an emWave sensor – Buy Alive Clinical plus the Alive Dual Compatibility Upgrade to make it worth for either sensor
- Already have Alive Standard – Upgrade to Alive Clinical
- Already have Alive Clinical – buy Add-ons like Tropical Heat, Particle Editor or Inner Tub
Alive Clinical Version Features
- Unlimited User Profiles
- Heart Rate Coherence/Smoothness (HRV) and Heart Rate data PLUS extensive Skin Conductance training with Alive Environments, Games and Graph Training
- Clinical Graph Training that includes highly customizable graphing with audio feedback.
- Frequency Spectrum Graphing — shows the heart rate power spectrum, to determine which heart frequencies are dominant, how often the user is in the zone
- Accumulated Smoothness Graphing, including displays of detailed metrics*
- Skin Conductance Graphing — Ability to set starting, target, and baseline skin conductance, with an option to train skin conductance and smoothness simultaneously. Numerous skin conductance statistical displays**
- Clinical Session Review: Review any session with a high level of detail across time and/or by subset of session type:
- Heart Rate, Smoothness, Skin Conductance Level and Skin Conductance Stability graphs
- Review by session with high level of detail: single and multi-session review by activity or across time
- Export single or multi-session data to Excel for further analysis or to print a session summary
Additional Alive Clinical Features:
- Clinical Control Panel with direct Main Menu accessibility and ability to disable all standard Alive coach suggestions for a customized training
- In-game background music + ability to select any music of your own from your hard drive
- Detachable Graph Training module to use on its own monitor as User plays Alive Games, engages in Workshops, and explores Environments; Add comments, pause sessions, and view detailed graphs while playing Alive Games
- More Session Control:Take a screenshot while graph training or in session review by pressing “p” or export data to Excel and print using the Alive Excel Templates.
- Send markers to Alive using our Alive Marker Interface (requires basic programming knowledge), allowing E-Prime or other tools to synchronize with Alive graphs by marking events.
- Free auto-updates as new Clinical features are added.
* length of time smooth, % time in each smoothness zone, total time smooth, LF/HF ratio
** stability, min, max and average, audio feedback
Alive is a Comprehensive Training & Gaming Environment — especially designed for the Professional Biofeedback application.
Play games specifically engineered to help you better manage stress and achieve better emotional and mental balance. Alive gives you an array of fun and engaging software games and tools designed to help you build skills that will improve your mental and physical performance — helping you meet your personal goals.
Alive, which also integrates coaching and performance tracking, uses biofeedback technology which has been proven effective in helping people achieve better mental agility and better performance in physically and emotionally demanding job and life situations.
Why do users love Alive?
- Improves performance in school, playing sports and at work.
- Adults learn to stay relaxed in challenging situations.
- Kids learn how to relax while playing a video game.
The best way to understand something is to see it in action.
Watch this introduction video from our Stress-Free Living partner, the creator of Somatic Visions’ Alive program. Ryan Deluz explains and shows how Alive is used to bring improved health to its users.
- In the first 2 minutes, you can see how heartrate, heart rate variability and smoothness are graphed on the screen in real time.
- At 3:45 – 4:45 minutes, you can see how to create beautiful, multicolored, spiral particle showers.
- Between 5 and 6 minutes, the video shows you the popular Dual Drive Pro 3D Race game. Here you Relax to Go Fast as you compete to win the race. It is easy to see why this is fun for ‘kids of all ages’.
- At the 7 minute mark, Ryan briefly introduces the multiplayer internet gaming aspect and the coaching workshops that teach relaxation techniques and cognitive behavior therapy.
You can watch this video for an explanation of the advantages and upgrade in the Clinical Alive program
NOTE:This software only. It does NOT INCLUDE the IOM, emWave or GP8 sensors hardware required to use the enclosed software and any Wild Divine or Somatic Visions products.
Beyond the computer
Alive is not just about computer training. Your Alive User Guide includes the multi-disciplinary Alive & Beyond 8-Week Program.
The Alive & Beyond 8-Week Program has been developed to help people get the most out of Alive, bringing in off-screen concepts and exercises to complement the Alive software.
In your clinical practice, you are likely to choose instead to incorporate Alive with your existing training protocols for treating various conditions. The Clinical User Guide supplement contains many tips and tricks for using the advanced Graph Training features in Alive to create desired outcomes.
Alive is the brainchild of Ryan Deluz, a software engineer with a background in biology. Ryan’s vision to bring a liveliness and ease-of-use to innovative and powerful self-regulating tools — and his passion for his work —are at the core of Alive.
Alive & Beyond — and much of the Alive software itself — was developed in partnership with Yuval Oded, a cognitive behavioral psychologist and leading expert in biofeedback. Yuval also authored the Clinical Version User Guide Supplement.
Yuval, a consultant to the French Ministry of Defense, is a Clinical Psychologist who has developed biofeedback programs to help military personnel keep a clear head, suppress unhelpful responses to difficult situations, and manage an array of decisions and tasks. In his clinics, Yuval treats a wide array of conditions, including anxiety disorders, behavioral disorders, chronic illnesses, neurological problems, psychosomatic problems, head trauma and post traumatic stress disorder.
The Alive Coach
Diagnostics, educational resources, progress tracking, and a virtual coach to teach you techniques for breathing to lower and smooth heart rate, how to interpret your body data, and to suggest a program for meeting your goals.
As you play the Alive Games and explore the Environments, the Coach stays with you throughout the entire experience, evaluating your progress, and helping you maximize the effectiveness of Alive — suggesting alternative programs and approaches as you play.
For many, the most fun part of Alive are the Games. Mini games require less skills to become immersed while The full Dual Drive Pro version is included to bring greater capacities for the professional to coach the client through all facets of biofeedback training.
Dual Drive Pro — Dual Drive Pro is a full game with Autopilot, Manual Pilot, and multi-user, online capacity.
Dream House— Build a dream house from the ground up, beginning in the morning and finishing by parking your car in the new garage at sundown.
Night Flight — Enjoy navigating through a twinkling and busy cityscape.
Four Seasons — Propel a natural scene through all four seasons, enjoying spring showers, lush summer foliage, fall thunderstorms and the bare beauty of winter.
Green Thumb — Make a gorgeous hyacinth bloom and wow you with its showy ultramarine flowers
Alien Shuttle — Complete your alien mission by finding your way to the docking station in the mothership.
The Alive Environments are easy to use, great for training and development and simply allow the user to become engaged with minimal effort or thought processing. It becomes natural to use the gorgeous visual environments to explore as you pace your breathing and smooth your heart rate. Here are examples of the environments included:
Alive Environments Breath Spiral — Move shiny particles in a 3D space as you inhale and exhale. Paced breathing creates a smoother heart and expands a disc of particles into spiraling waves.
Alive Environments Shape Shifter — The smoother your heart rate, the brighter a geometric shape becomes. Keep it smooth to see it morph into new forms.
Alive Environments Metal Pulse — Use paced breathing to turn undulating waves from orange to an intense blue.
Alive Environments Plasma — Use the pacer on the screen to smooth your heart rate and make undulating plasma appear. Slow the plasma by dropping your heart rate.
Alive Environments Tropical Ocean — Relax to make the wind blow the palm fronds and the wave sounds intensify.
Alive Audio Environments — Close your eyes, sink back into your chair, and breathe to smooth your heart rate. The more even your heart rate changes are, the more enveloping the music and relaxing sounds become. Choose from Rain, Stream, Waves, and Memory.
PC and Mac Minimum System Requirements:
- Alive Active Feedback Hardware — HeartMath emWave or Wild Divine Lightstone or IOM finger sensors (*NOT included)
- Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
- Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 8 / or Win 10 operating system
- 2.0 GHz Processor
- Dedicated Video Card Supporting OpenGL 2.0
- 1 GB RAM
- CD-Rom Drive
- 3 GB of Disk Space
- Internet connection recommended (enables updates and community features)
- Alive may work even if your computer does not meet the minimum video card requirements. If you are unsure if Alive will work on your computer please download OpenGL Caps Viewer and make sure your OpenGL version is 2.0 or higher (on the first tab of OpenGL Caps Viewer, next to OpenGL, it should say OpenGL 2.0 or higher).
ALIVE MAY ONLY BE USED ON ONE COMPUTER AT A TIME. ALIVE CAN BE INSTALLED ON TWO COMPUTERS AS LONG AS ONLY ONE COPY OF ALIVE IS IN USE AT ANY GIVEN TIME.
To learn where you can get the most Clinical Biofeedback background, here is a short take on 3 Biofeedback Book Resources “Top 3 Biofeedback Books For Professionals” — such that you can best learn how this system can be used in your practice.
|Available via Download|